#hauteroute : Stage 2 Overview – Megève/Val d’Isère
The second stage will bring the riders to high alpine mountains with a passage at nearly 2000m elevation (Cormet de Roseland). Unlike the first day which included flat or hilly sections, the second stage has only big climbs. The participants will find a 111km race course, 3 climbs and 3500m of ascent.
A stage is always harder when it includes a finish at the top. The main difficulty of the day will be the final climb to Val d’Isere, especially during the last 6 km (7.5 to 10%).
– Warm up in Col des Saisies. Stay on the granny gear.
– Feed with liquid food on the climbs (energetic drink, gels). Eat solid food at the top of each climbs (bars, fruit).
– Enjoy the view in Cormet de Roseland.
– Stay focused on the descent to Bourg Saint Maurice.
– Be mentally strong on the final climb !
WTS offers an escort coaching service for those who need to be coached during the race.
I’ll be there throughout the race to specifically coach few riders.
To benefit from this service : http://www.hauteroutealps.org/en/training